SEK – Los Valles
Founded in Spain in 1892, the SEK International Institution has more than 125 years of experience in International Education. Today in Europe, Africa and the Americas, its 23 Schools and two Universities are responsible for the education of some 17,000 students, and SEK International is considered one of the most prestigious independent educational organizations in the world.
Within each SEK School and University, the student is at the center of the educational process. In accordance with this idea, and to ensure that each student achieves his or her goals, every facility and support is made available to each child.
The teams of teachers in each School and University are composed of highly experienced educators. They are fully committed to their vocation of responding to the trust put in them by families who choose SEK to provide their children’s education. The sole purpose is to develop excellence in all that makes up their academic experience, which in itself, is a preparation for their future working life.
Every school must have a table of values that frames their daily work in the classroom. In our case, these are summarized in an Ideology, which includes input from parents, teachers and students for more than a century of teaching.
SEK International Institution, serving the common effort to improve the human being, is based on the following principles:
- The students and his world are the measure of all life and teaching of the institution, which respects him as an individual, attends to his personal development and facilitates his fulfillment and learns to be happy.
- SEK International Institution and educates for freedom. Accepts the challenge that this means and the student’s responsibility to their own acts.
- SEK International does not discriminate any of the members of the community.
- SEK International promotes awareness in solidarity and esteem of the students work as the primary factor for promoting people.
- SEK International Institution, a human community, is open to any educational experience that aims with their goals.
- Monday to Friday, school hours are from 7:45 am to 15:45 pm.
- Punctuality is important at all times within the school day.
Student Entry and Exit
The School gates will remain closed for the duration of the School day.
Students will not be permitted to leave the School premises unless they do so for an important reason, which will need to be justified in their School diary or by means of a signed written note.
All absences must be notified in advance and, in the event a student needs to leave the School premises during the School day, they must notify the Secretary’s Office and fill out the appropriate exit form. Students will not leave during class time; they will do so at recess time.
Your cooperation is expected in order to achieve the speed, safety and efficiency that we need and that will undoubtedly benefit your children.
It is essential that absences from school be justified. Justification must always be in written form. If an absence is due to health reasons, the corresponding note from the doctor will be necessary.
Absence notes must be dated and signed by the parents, and they will be handed over to the student’s tutor, who will present them to the Academic Coordinator for their approval.